Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mirrors Rocks!!!

Jon and I had THE BEST time ever last night. Thank you Mirrors! It was awesome! I was so proud of my brother. James you were absolutely fantastic.

So originally we were just going to have Sarah watch the kids while Jon and I went to the show, then we decided to see if Sharon (Jon's mom) wouldn't mind watching one of the girls so Sarah didn't have to do it all... she ended up asking if she could take both girls over night - we didn't hesitate for one second and said yes... So she picked up the girls around 5:15ish and we were free for the rest of the night. Jon went and had the car cleaned while I got ready. We left for dinner around 6:30 - we went to Old Spaghetti Factory - had a yummy dinner and drinks and realized we still had a ton of time to kill before we were picking up Angela - so we decided to get Cold Stone and walk around a park - which was freakin' hilarious - we ended up sitting on a bench eating our ice cream and the next thing we know all the geese are starting to get up and out of the water and walking toward us - we turned around and a sworm of white geese were parading behind us - we were convinced they were out to get us... so funny... we ended up leaving because we were a bit afeared of the geese. We picked up Angela and went to the Ash Street Salloon - we got there a bit early and decided to walk over to Kells and have a drink - it was nice - there was a little Irish band playing.... Around 9:30 we headed back to Ash Street and met up with a few of our other friends - Jessi, Mike and Jacob. We headed in, grabbed a table and some drinks and a bit later the most awesome band started.... Mirrors! Seriously awesome - I wish they had played 15 more songs - I was really sad when they were done. The next band was LAME and sadly most of the people kind of left - so we did too... we didn't leave the bar, just that room - we ended up outside where we continued drinking until we were silly - it was great! I had a wonderful time - I haven't had that much fun in a long time. It was so nice to be with my friends and it was awesome to see all of James' friends that I hadn't seen in a while - they are like extended family! :) Around 1:30am we decided it was best to go ahead and head out since Angela had to work this morning.... hope she's doing ok!
The girls came home around 10 this morning and they both did fantastic. Molly woke up once and Charlotte woke up twice - I can't even believe it - that's less than for us!
Now Charlotte is down for a nap and Molly is playing and watching The Little Mermaid - I'm gonna jump in the shower soon and then we might head over to see the airshow today instead of tomorrow - depending on how we feel when Charlie wakes up....

Anyway - last night was awesome and I can't wait until our next adventure! James you guys have to have another show soon! If you don't get signed I'd be surprised.

7 comments:

Susie Q said...

Amen!!!! Mirrors performed even better than anyone could have dreamed! They commanded the audience, (a very nice turnout too!) and their set was flawless!

Thank you James, Nate, Jeff and Draper!

Sarah said...

I didn't get to see them last night, but when I saw them Thursday, it was great, even in the dingy disgusting Satyricon. Glad you guys had a night out. It's so important to do that once in awhile.

Haley said...

Mirrors are the bomb digity. word! peace out a town down. ya! im gangsta! oh and hello! i made myself a little blog! hehe.

Mac said...

Amen.
James and gang have taken it to the next level. Not only is the music full of depth, but the entertainment value is awesome.
I wonder how draper does it?
He is such a great "front man" on stage. However, I couldn't help thinking that his head was just going to fall off during one of his choreographed (sp)moves.
And of course, my guess is that the majority of the fans were watching James. The dude never stops. Amazing drumming.
They need a bigger venue though. The smallness of the Ash Street Saloon prohibits being able to fully hear the talent.
I can foresee an Arena show for them.

Emily said...

Amen all ya'll!

froelica said...

*tip my hat to Mirrors*
That's my boy :)

kara said...

Um. I missed it.