Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ever felt like punting a two year old?



I made the mistake of taking two whiny kids to Target and expected it to be a somewhat decent experience... HA! I've never experienced such awfulness (new word). The entire trip consisted of one or both of my girls crying or whining over something. It was rediculous. I am upstairs right now calming down after dinner because it's just been ONE OF THOSE DAYS.... It all started with an early wake up - both girls crying and really not ready to be up - then they continued to whine until after lunch when I laid them down for a nap. Charlotte took a pathetic excuse for a nap and woke up crying and whining until Molly woke up crying and whining. Then I made the huge mistake of taking them to Target with Sarah and her 3 kids.... can you say duh? Guess what they did there? Oh you guessed right - whined.... cried.... yelled.... cried some more..... I was so anxious by the time I left that I nearly broke into tears when I got in the car.... Luckily Jon was home when I got home and took the girls upstairs while I made a quick dinner (soft tacos). We ate dinner and Jon sent me away - he said - "go upstairs and relax- take the laptop and your book and go" - he wouldn't even let me help him with giving them a bath. Angela called me just as I sat down - with some irritating news - not on her behalf but just more DRAMA from a psycho lady we used to go to church with (you all know who I'm talking about). I don't even want to go into it - just basically more crap from a lady full of crap..... So now I am blogging.... I plan on reading a book for a little while and then going back down to deal with the babes. Thank God I have such a great husband! :)

I just hope tomorrow is a little less awful..... I just need a good night sleep.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah, Molly was a turd. I'm sorry today sucked. At least you know that tomorrow can't be MUCH worse...that doesn't really sound like a silver lining, does it?

Emily said...

I think already I'm ready again for tomorrow.... I have been upstairs all night - Jon didn't even let me help get them in bed - he just let me read my new book - "Lucky" by Alice Sebold - she is the author of "Lovily Bones" - amazing writing.... sad story - makes my day seem not so bad...

Emily said...

I think already I'm ready again for tomorrow.... I have been upstairs all night - Jon didn't even let me help get them in bed - he just let me read my new book - "Lucky" by Alice Sebold - she is the author of "Lovily Bones" - amazing writing.... sad story - makes my day seem not so bad...

Haley said...

oooo im sorry em. sounds like a very fun day! ha! so psycho lady has continued? you will have to tell me all about it friday night...she just never stops...

Sarah said...

Ever NOT feel like punting a two year old? Isn't that kind of what being the parent of two year olds is like...Maybe I'm just really a nasty mean mommy.

froelica said...

I feel like punting two year olds all the time, and they're not even mine. Only it doesn't stop there. Two year olds, four year olds, six year olds..... twenty-four year olds....

:)

Susie Q said...

Em...I THREW A CHAIR THROUGH A SLIDING GLASS DOOR!
Feel better? You're welcome, my pleasure.

Sarah said...

I just laughed out loud. Combo of Sarah's, Ashley's and Mom's comments. Too funny.

Emily said...

I laughed so hard I had to read them out loud to Jon - I'm sure he appreciated that! :)

kara said...

i find that drop kicking them gets more yardage. it's all about the yardage.