Friday, January 18, 2008

Duh!


So yesterday morning around 5am - Jon was getting ready to leave for work and we had heard the girls stering a bit but knew that they would go back to sleep. I needed to sneeze and really didn't want to do it because I was afraid it might wake the girls more... so I held it back and by doing so when I did sneeze I jerked my head so bad that I ended up hurting my neck badly. I had a doctors appointment for something else that day and while I was there I asked the doctor to look at my neck - she ended up prescribing some muscle relaxers. They don't work as well as I would like - really they just make me tired... oh well I'm sure my neck will heal with time - I'm such a moron!!! I wish I could have had a cooler story behind it - but no... just sneezing!! Man I'm getting old! :)

I have to give myself a slap on the back though (if it didn't kill my neck to do so) I still managed to do my workout last night without injuring my neck any further. I was freaking out that my stupid neck injury was going to possibly put a damper on my workout routine - but it didn't - I sucked it up and worked out anyway - drugged and everything! :)

It's been 2 weeks and 3 days so far and I havne't missed a single day of working out - some days I've done it twice a day. As of Wednesday morning I was down a total of 7 lbs and this morning I was down 2 more!! My doctor is thrilled with my progress and I have to admit - so am I!

Anyway - I think I'm going to go lay down while the girls are napping and get a little shut eye!

9 comments:

Mac said...

Let me get this straight.
You sneezed and hurt your neck?
Glorious! That's good stuff.
Aren't you the same one that a few years ago, out of nowhere, jumped up and crashed straight down on your back in the living room as if it were a trampoline?
Way to go Emo.

froelica said...

hehehehe.... way to keep rubbing it in, Jim. I like your style.

Emily said...

Thanks Dad!!! I just want to make sure that no one else is the most moronic person alive.... I gotta hit my retard quota for the year.... I think I may have done it just with one little sneeze!

Sarah said...

No, I have to say I've done it too. I did it to my back though. I wasn't even trying to keep the sneeze in either. I just sneeze ridiculously hard. My most recent back injury was caused by the dirt bike & made worse by a Christmas tree. I'm right there with you, moron.

Emily said...

See Dad - it's not just me... Maybe it's your fault for raising retards!

Susie Q said...

Em, I am so stinkin' proud of you for your workout faithfulness. You and Jon are looking mighty fine.
Yeah, I must admit I felt sorry for you at the Bible Study Thursday night. You were sitting ramrod straight and looked miserable. But then I knew you were okay, cause as you headed out the door, you turned, not just your head of course but you turned with your whole body, and said to the group, "Oh and here's a tip, don't sneeze!" The you just walked out the door. "HA!" Always leave em' laughing, your Dad has taught you well.

Emily said...

I love you mom!

kara said...

you shouldn't hold those sneezes in. that's how you end up dying of an aneurysm. you don't want that...i'm having another christmas party NEXT year. you'd miss it.

froelica said...

Ramrod. That is all.