Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm Back!!!

I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything knew.

So what's new you ask? Well let's see.... We had an amazing Christmas. The girls got so many gifts we had to actually move our furniture around just to accomodate. The day after Christmas was probably even better than the day of. The girls walked down stairs and literally walked from toy to toy to toy beaming with excitement - it was so classic. New Years Eve was nice. We started the evening over at Angela and Zack's party at the "Money Pit". We only stayed for about an hour and then headed home (we didn't have a sitter). We went over to our neighbors house and hung for about another hour when Jon decided to take the girls home and put them to bed - he let me stay. My neighbor and I ended up sitting and talking for a while and got a bit drunk off of wine - it was fun. I continued going back and forth between Jon and my neighbors and Jon finished off the night over there with all of us - it was fun.
Jon and I made a New Years resolution to finally kick our butts and lose this weight. We are so tired of constantly complaining and doing nothing. For Christmas Jon bought me "The Firm" work out videos and step stools. I havne't missed a day yet - it is just shy of an hour work out - very intense and very awesome. I have found my passion! I love to work out! I actually look forward to working out - how crazy is that! I feel like I've been missing out this whole time. We are eating well again too - I just feel happy and put together (you know what I mean?).

Anyway - life is good in the Powell house.

I will try to post more often and respond to all your posts too.

8 comments:

Susie Q said...

I am giving you a standing ovation right now, ((seriously, I was just standing and clapping))
Good work Emo!

kara said...

word.

Nicole said...

I'm in your boat Em! I started my diet last Wednesday and have stuck to it and lost 5 pounds already. I lose fast in the beginning. The Firm is tough and kicks your ass but it's a good one. I have it as well...but am not using that. I have started Slim in 6. Another one that kicks your ass! Exercise is EXTREMELY addicting once you start - I'm looking forward to continuing on this venture. I have a wedding to attend in August (hee hee) and want to look awesome! So with 6 months to go, I'm praying I can lose at least 20. :) Good luck - we should continue to share the triumphs! Love you.

Haley said...

good job em!!

oh and for anyone that has not seen the powell home lately, its ridiculous! those kids are SO spoiled.. i want to be little again. : (

froelica said...

I'm trying to work out every day too. Its kinda hard though when I'm wearing spandex on the treadmill and there's two old men directly behind me and my buns are a-bouncin'.

Creeps me out, man. And it ruins my workout. I usually end up giving up and going home. I don't know why I explained all this, it seems boring and unnecessary in hindsight, but its already been written now, so meh.

Mac said...

Hindsight!

Nicely done Shlee.

Emily said...

ewe - old men looking at your toosh - that's why I work out at home.... that and the fact that we can't afford a gym membership for both of us... I think Jon is going to join 24 hour fitness though.

Anyway - I'm down 4 pounds!!! I still haven't missed a day of working out and I'm loving it!!!

Keep me accountable - continue asking me if I've worked out and if I'm doing good on calories!!! I need EVERYONES support and pressure!! :)

Sarah said...

Good job Em! I tried to work out this afternoon after you left, but Kate was yelling at me. I think she likes my tummy soft so she has a pillow. Pilates is her worst nightmare.