Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm one of THOSE parents....


Apparently Super Nanny would be a welcomed annoyance to our family. We have used a couple of her tricks as of late and BOTH worked absolutely perfectly! The most recent one we used was the "PaciFairy". Molly is/was extremely attached to the pacifier and I was freaking out about having to take it away - I knew I needed to (awhile ago infact) but was really not looking forward to having to go through it.... well the other night we did it! She is a true BIG KID now! I can't even believe how easy it was. We had her put ALL of her pacifiers in a bag and she sprinkled some glitter on them and closed the bag then she put them by the door for the PaciFairy to come get them and leave a toy in it's place. Jon took the girls upstairs and gave them a bath and while she was in the bath - sure enough the PaciFairy came and left her a movie (Jonah - Veggie Tales) and a Disney Princess pop up castle (tent) - she even left a trail of glitter through the house. When Molly came downstairs and saw it she was so excited! I got it on video tape. Anyway at bed time we laid her down without her plug and she only cried for about a half an hour and not even that bad - then she slept through the night..... holy crap! Last night was even better - she cried briefly and again slept through the night until 8:30am!!!!! I can't even tell you how happy I am that she no longer has a pacifier and I no longer feel like a horrible mom! Now we'll have to work on Charlotte - but I'm not ready for her to get rid of her plug yet.... she's my baby....

8 comments:

Susie Q said...

Good job Emo.
You did it at the perfect time. You all survived!

Unknown said...

good job em!!! i saw the left over glitter and the toys out when i went over there yesterday. it was veryyyy cute!!

Mac said...

Way to go Emo

Nicole said...

Congratulations!

Mac said...

"The" Adam Brown???????

Sarah said...

no. not the adam brown. some spammer a-hole

froelica said...

Good! Now you wont have one of those hideous buck-toothed children you see at school and think "those teeth are in the shape of a pacifier...ew..."

Pacifairy is kind of a cute idea! Maybe there will be various types of fairies when I have kids. A fairy for every bad behavior... They're gonna LOVE Tolkien.

froelica said...

Oh, Jim. You slay me!
"The" Adam Brown??? :)

What a generic, unassuming name... I MUST know an Adam Brown from somewhere...