Tuesday, May 08, 2007

L-O-W-L-I


Okay no more whales and sharks.... I'm on to bigger fish.... Okay maybe not bigger fish maybe just new fish or maybe just something new - cause it really has absolutely nothing to do with fish at all....


Anyway.... geez!


So Molly is completely and udderly obsessed with Shrek 2 - she wants to watch it first thing when she wakes up and if it were up to here it would just be on repeat for the rest of the day. Of course it isn't up to her... I know I am such a mean mom - she is nearly 2 - she should be making her own decisions right? :)


So back to the Shrek nonsence - the funniest thing is that as you know there is Princess Fiona in the movie F-I-O-N-A... for whatever reason Molly insists on calling her Lauren - or as she says L-O-W-L-I-N or just L-O-W-L-I depending on the moment. I can't imagine it's because Lauren and Princess Fiona look alike - I mean come on one is green.... I don't know why she insists on calling her that but it's the same thing every day. I try repronouncing it for her but she just looks at me like - "that's what I said mom!" I tested her - I showed her a picture of Lauren while she was watching Shrek and she pronounced them both the exact same.... what a funny kid! So, I'm done trying to make her say it "correctly".... it's cute and that's enough for me!


9 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, Lauren is a bit of an ogre. The ONLY difference is that Lauren isn't green. I mean everything else is the same.

froelica said...

Oh, Molly.

What is it she calls me again? I can't remember.

Emily said...

Sarah - Lauren is nothing like an orge... she is the most beautiful little girl in the world - she is a bit of a viking or something of that nature - but orge - no...

Ashley - I am not positive if it's changed or not - but now it's Ashey....

Dorkboy said...

So we all agree that Lauren can be a bit of an Ogre, but what about her Princess qualities... lets not forget those. Plus she is excelent at Martial Arts.

Emily said...

true dat!

kara said...

Maybe the comparison is that they're both princesses.

Amy said...

I think what you need to show Molly while she watches it is the picture of you and Jon from Halloween a couple of years back. It'll freak her out.

Vasili loves Toy Story (1 & 2) and he was completely thrown when I showed him a picture of me, Buzz, and Woody from Disney World. His reaction was priceless.

Oh, and in case you haven't seen pictures from Shrek 3 go here to laugh at the Shrek babies... that's right babies.

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20037361_1,00.html

Emily said...

Oh my goodness those babies are so stinkin' cute!! I can't wait for the 3rd one!!!

froelica said...

*This is the pot calling the kettle black, just dropping in to say*: Update!