Sunday, November 05, 2006

BREAKING NEWS!!!



2.7 Earthquake centered in Downtown Portland this evening!!! Oh no!!!
So Jon and I just finished watching brokeback mountain and when we turned it off we turned it to the news... and it's "breaking news" a 2.7 earthquake "hit" in downtown portland. People were calling in and saying they felt it and all that jazz... anyone that has ever actually been in an earthquake that is more than a 5 or 6 point something knows that a 2.7 is just a pansy excuse for an earthquake...... Us California raised chilins would know that does not qualify to be called an earthquake.... seriously!!!

Anyway I just had to share this with you because when I saw this I just couldn't control my laughter.... I nearly woke Charlotte (who was asleep in my arms at the time).....

watch out - trees might be down because of the "earthquake" and flooding might be a problem due to the massive quake we just had!! :)

Good Night!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha! That's hilarious. I thought we were having repeated earthquakes a couple years ago until Josh informed me it was the spin cycle on the washing machine. It shakes the entire upstairs, but you can especially feel it on our bed! Beware of the spin cycle, it feels like a 2.7 earthquake.

froelica said...

Yeah, I know. When the earthquake "hit" last night I thought it was a truck passing by our window. And I continued playing with my cute little kitten. Then I heard about it today, and I was like "that was an earthquake??? It lasted literally 2 seconds."
I swear it was a truck. A large truck that everyone else felt too.

Sarah said...

It may have really been a truck. Portland's not THAT big...

froelica said...

Yeah, its not like we're talkin' bout New York or Chicago here.
"All of Goose Hollow was shakin' with terror at the massive 2.7 earthquake that struck last night! It shook their souls to the very core!!"

Emily said...

I think the funniest part of all of this - is that people were calling in reporting this massive 2.7 earthquake immediately.... I never would have thought to call anyone if I felt a little rumble. I would have assumed it was just a large diesel truck or something! Too funny!