Monday, June 11, 2007

Green Thumb



So for Mothers day my aunt bought all the ladies little herbs to plant. They were very cute - it came with a small teracotta (sp?) pot and the seeds and soil of course. I planted them finally a couple weeks ago and thought to myself - "what a waste - they are never going to grow - not with me as the grower". I was so wrong... I have little buds happening. I can't remember what herb I took home - it was either Thyme or Basil or something like that - but whatever it is is growing in my kitchen. I can't believe it! I have a green thumb after all.

Oh and on that same note - Saturday - Jon and I went to the Hillsboro Farmers Market and bought 2 hanging plants - they are gorgeous and still alive too!!! I'm a freakin' gardener - or atleast a freakin' waterer....

Anyway - must go clean my children!

3 comments:

froelica said...

I'm so proud *tear*

I think you must have gotten the gardener gene from me, cause you certainly didn't get it from James.

And yes, you are our child.

Sarah said...

Sadly, I forgot mine at Papa's. I would have killed it anyway though.

Emily said...

Tee hee - I'm a product of Shlee and James! :)