Saturday, September 15, 2007

I don't like not knowing....


So Thursday morning was a normal morning, I was cleaning up the downstairs, I fixed Charlotte a bottle and got her upstairs for a nap. When I came downstairs I needed to pee, so I peed, there was a small amount of blood in my underwear. I of course freaked out. I told Molly "be good, Mommy has to go take a shower". I ran up the stairs, burst into tears and took a long shower, crying the entire time. Afterward I talked to Sarah and decided to call the doctor. The doctor reassured me that because I am so early it's probably just "implantation bleeding". This can be like a very very light period (sometimes mistaken for a period) and can even last for as long as a short period. Anyway other than that small amount of blood I didn't see anymore until today. I was going pee (and irronically talking to God about how thankful I was for this baby and how excited I was to be having it - even if it was unplanned) and when I wiped there was blood again. I have had a small amount of blood basically everytime I wipe now all day long. I don't know what is going on. I'm wearing a pad but there isn't anything but a small drop on it... Is this implantation bleeding? Is this the beginning of a miscarriage? What is going on? I'm so afraid to know. I did call the doctor again - because it's Saturday I am waiting for the oncall doc to call me back. I want him to say "don't worry - it sounds like it's just normal bleeding for this time in your pregnancy." I really don't want to even know if I'm losing this baby - I don't think I could handle it. I'm a mess needless to say. I just don't know......
Please keep me and the baby in your prayers - pray that the baby is fine, healthy and maturing normally.

11 comments:

Emily said...

I just heard from the doc - he said to just take it easy right now and to just stay off my feet for a while - he said that at this point nothing has changed....... I don't know what's going to happen..... I don't feel good about it though.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley said...

Emily. If for some awful reason you do miscarage.. Just remember that it is Gods plan. For whatever reason that may be...

I will be keeping you guys in my prayers. Love you! Just try to not think to hard about it. Im sure the doctor knows just what he is talking about. They have seen many cases of these sorta things before... keep me updated. Obviously..

Sarah said...

I would leave something insightful, but it would be exactly what Haley wrote. So...ditto.

Emily said...

Well this morning I woke up with a bit heavier bleeding with a few clots, now I feel like I'm on my period.... I called the doctor because they told me to if anything changed.... I just had some blood work done and we will do more in a couple of days. They will measure the HCG levels in my blood and see if they are growing - if not then the baby is no longer striving and I will for sure miscarry - if they are growing then it's a wait and see game. I'm beyond any emotion right now. My whole emotion system has been so up and down in the last week that I don't even know how to react to all this without just bursting into tears. Keep us in your prayers please. I wont know anything for a couple of days so I will let you know when I know.

Unknown said...

Emily, I love you. I don't know what else to say except that I'm here for you. Let me know if you need to talk.

Susie Q said...

Em...I love you sweetie... I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Nicole said...

Hey Em....I'm so here to talk if you need to. You are in my prayers constantly!! Just like Haley said, if its Gods plan, for whatever reason, you have the support and love of family all around you. I have been in your shoes a few times and I know how you are feeling honey. If you need to talk at all, and the rest of the family is unavailable (somehow I doubt that:) call my cell 623-760-6208. I love you!!!!

Emily said...

Thank you all for your kind words - it's good to know I have such a wonderful support system.
I went to the doctor today and she did an ultrasound (I'm so early that it wouldn't have shown anything unless things were abnormal - like an ectopic pregnancy) - the ultrasound came back fine - she wants me to come in again tomorrow and have my blood drawn again to see if the baby is still growing or if I am infact miscarrying - I'm pretty sure that I am... but I will know for sure tomorrow I guess. Thank you again for your love - I love you all so much.

Sarah said...

Love you.

Nicole said...

Love you Em!!!!!