Thursday, January 04, 2007

I just had to share how strange my new neighbors are.... every day she comes home for lunch around noon with her son. Almost 3-4 times a week her mom and dad show up about 15 minutes before and enter the house - they must have a key. They have lunch together and leave. They never seem happy to see each other and after she gets her son back in the car - she zooms back off to work. It doesn't sound that strange when I'm writing it - but really it kind of eeps me out a bit. Some days her parents will just show up with her son and they play for a while in the house and then they leave. Do they not have a house of their own to take him to?? Why do they meet for lunch so often? anyway - enough about them....

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like Heidi and Stefan's neighbor. The one who watches them from the window. She has her lights on a timer, the inside lights. Even when she's not home, all the lights come on at night. At the same time. Freaky freak wierdo.

Emily said...

Okay they win on freakyness.... I just think mine are anti-social so I don't like them to begin with.... and then their weird relationship with her parents just creeps me out more.... You know which neighbors I mean - the one that wouldn't come into my house the day of the naked lady part.... the one Adrian kept running out to show crap to.... oh yes her....

froelica said...

I win, I win!!!
Our gay couple neighbors are really nice to us, but we've had a few pounding-wall altercations (which, as it turns out, we were both hearing the apartment below us). Every now and then I'll hear them argue. And when I say argue I mean mega-scary. Things hitting walls, loud screaming, what we can only discern as physical abuse, and then sometimes a little make-up rape. Mmm... nothing like rape to reestablish the bond.

Oh yeah, and we're pretty sure they're big meth heads. I fear for my kitten... But they're nice in person!

kara said...

It's not the same child. That's what you're not getting. The parents are not her parents, but the agents that "move" the children. Your neighbor is a baby seller. Each day she comes home with a different one...same generic attributes...and the "parents" inform her of the drop off site. I'd call the authorities immediately. And then steal their recycled bins...because those are hard to come by.

Jansky T said...

Hmmm. That is kinda weird. It seems everyone knows someone who is "strange."

There's this girl in my daughter's class. She's really sweet, but hardly ever talks. My daughter says she only speaks if called on in class. Other than that, nothing.

I've seen her dad pick her up from school before. She comes out of the building, walks up to him, they silently stare at each other for 10 seconds or so, and then walk off together. No holding hands or anything.

Weird.