Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Okay does anyone else have a strange thing about keeping the snow in front of your house perfect? Let me go into this a bit further. So this morning I wake up and there are 5 feet prints from my neighbors house to his car and then the tracks from his car - that is it - everything else is pristine and wonderful! Then our neighbor comes home and there are more tracks and then his kid and other neighbor kids have been playing in the snow right out in front of our house and other than the small little lawn I have everything is all yucky all the way down the street! Oh and there is some old guy riding his little 4 wheeler around the neighborhood and he keeps going down our street and making it less and less fantastic! I love the snow - but I hate when it looks messy - which it does now and I haven't even stepped out side yet!! Oh well - why am I such a freak?? When Jon comes home - we will go build a snowman out front and then it will really be ruined!!! :)
You know what's funny - I have to admit that I've been known to thrash others yards when I was younger just so mine would stay nice and fresh looking.... I feel like doing that now!! :) Anyway my OCD has come out a bit today!

Have a wonderful snow day! Go thrash your neighbors yards!!! :)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You got spammed!!!!

Oh, and I feel the same way about the snow on my yard. It only lasted about 5 minutes in our neighborhood with all the kids. There is a 7 foot tall snow woman across the street. They gave her boobs and hair. Awesome...

froelica said...

I'm EXTREMELY OCD about my front yard snow. Not only do I get mad when someone messes with my creamy white goodness, I am unsatisfied with ANY Portland-metropolitan area snow unless it just happens to be sitting on my front porch. And it has to be where I'm currently living. I don't give a rat's ass if there's a foot of snow at my dad's or even your parent's house. If I can't see it from where I eat and sleep, it's not a valid snowday. I actually get angry when I see it snowing in H-boro, and I know it's not downtown. Livid I tell ya. Ask my dad.

I'm weeeeeeeird.

Emily said...

I deleted that spam ass comment!

And I'm glad to hear others are the same as me when it comes to snow! :) I really thought it was just me! So far my car still has yet to be uncovered - I haven't gone anywhere yet! And our backyard is still a pristine white sheet!

Ashley - I am the same way too when it comes to other towns snowing - if it were snowing in Portland and Jon were stuck I would be like - suck it up - it's not snowing here - but when it's snowing here and not there - I'm like you need to come home immediately - it's snowing! :)

kara said...

I made a Victorian Snow Woman in my front yard...but this morning I saw that her head had melted.

froelica said...

How appropos...